Saturday, June 2, 2007

IML...what DOES it stand for?

So I just got back from our trip to Chicago for IML the other day...and I got to thinking about how I really need to schedule more time in my life for travel! Because 3 trips out of town in the month of May alone isn't nearly enough...

We managed to wind up with a pretty sweet...and inexpensive...deal for the weekend. John did some research, and found out that one could volunteer for the events. Thus providing an interesting insider's point of view, and getting us into all of the events and parties entirely free! Also we wound up staying in the apartment of a friend of John's brother...who was out of town for the weekend. I know, life of Riley, right?

We were also fortunate enough to be joined on our voyage by Scotty, who was quite the trooper despite having a cough that would put a seal to shame. Though it wasn't entirely his scene per-say, he did his level best to enjoy himself...and even went so far as to buy on or two souvenirs by the end of it all.

The best part about the apartment stay was that we (ok, I) would trot into the elevator wearing something slutty like a leather vest with no shirt, and on the way down from floor 33 the elevator would stop every now and again...and in would wander average Joes and Janes, who would take one look at us and promptly press the "close door" button repeatedly...then look at the front of the elevator only until the doors opened to the lobby.

Needless to say, fun was had by all. And there were more curious and startling outfits than at a Janet Jackson concert. Slaves, masters, daddies, boys, pigs, bears, puppies, twinks, (and a few more classifications that I'm sure I'm missing), mingled and ogled and groped. Oh, and some guy from LA got a pretty sash.

When I was talking to a guy online about it all the other day I said I'd gone to IML...not knowing what it stood for he guessed "International Male Liberation?"

Thinking about all the collars, handcuffs, and restraints I'd seen that weekend, I said "Uh...I think just the opoosite...depending on who you ask."

4 comments:

Moby said...

What? No pictures? Damn!

I didn't go mostly because of cost. Both my buds from Chitown were out and it just wasn't worth the expense.

I can relate on the elevator thing though.

Frank said...

LOL...sadly no good pics from this time. I think I was on sensory overload anyway...my eyes were too busy to aim a shutter!

sandy said...

Hmm. I've been asked to go to the Indulgence Party this weekend and veered toward not going. After reading your post about IML, now I wonder....

Unknown said...

International Male Liberation. I like that, makes it sound like all those poor boys in weird outfits from the International Male catalog are stuck in cages, forced to work for no money, just skimpy clothes.

Free the models!