Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Come fly with me...

One of the really great things about working for an airline is the benefits. Especially my airline. Not only do I get to fly free (provided that there's an unoccupied, un-purchased seat available)-and get all the usual health benefits one would expect from a good employer-but my "committed partner" (John, and no, "committed" doesn't mean institutionalized) and my parents get to fly for free as well.

A sign in front of this tree says that it was featured in "Some Like It Hot"...which means it's actually OLDER than Jack Lemmon!


The most famous hotel on Coronado Island named...the Coronado Hotel! What are the chances, eh?
So, for Mother's Day I decided to make use of my folks' fly-ability and take my mom and dad for a day trip to San Diego (which is made so much more fun and easy when you fly for an hour instead of driving for eight). Given my work schedule it wound up being on Monday instead of Sunday but hey, nobody's perfect.

Just think how big that rock had to be to make John that much taller than me.

Everyone had to wake up way early so we could catch the earliest flight (6:45am) so we were all tired and a little worn down...but we made the most of our day. Coronado Island, Balboa Park, Old Town, and several meals in between made for a full, and memorable, day. Then we sent mom and pop back on the latest flight, and John and I stayed around for another few days of relaxing fun.

Yeah, life's rough.

Mom & pop in front of the lovely Coronado Island ocean view.

Mom doing her best busty pose in front of the Balboa Park botanical garden thingy.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Momma has definitely got a rack:)