Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fa-fa-fa-fabulous new music to listen to!

I will preface this post with an admittance of my technological ignorance. I would really love to provide a link for you guys to go immediately listen to some of the songs that I'm going to be listing, but I have no idea how to do so. I've seen it done on other blogs (Jockohomo comes to mind) but for now I'll just have to link you to their MySpace pages (where most of them have their songs up to be played).

Anyway, below is a list of fun or groovy music that I am totally lovin right now...I insist that you listen to at least one or two of them...

Datarock- Fa-Fa-Fa
-If this song doesn't get your toes tapping, then you probably have sciatica or something.
" - I Used To Dance With My Daddy
-Lotsa fun, maybe because I just dig the title...;o)

Bird and The Bee- Fucking Boyfriend
-Their sound I would describe as "the unholy love child of Nellie McKay and Morcheeba".

Spandau Ballet- The Freeze
-They were so ahead of their time that I think they borrowed Doc Brown's Delorean.

Editors- Bones
-Quite possibly my favorite group that's come out within the last few years that sound like Echo and The Bunnymen updated.

Maroon 5- If I Never See Your Face Again
-Yeah, I know, but it's actually a good song.

The Bravery- Believe
-Throwback new wave retro futuristic...or something.

Arctic Monkeys- Fluorescent Adolescent
-Another of my favorite new groups that somehow manage to work their cockney accents into their singing.

Interpol- The Heinrich Maneuver
-What Micheal Stipe would sound like if you gave him some testosterone injections...no, I mean the kind with a needle...I think he gets the other kind already....

LCD Soundsystem- Someone Great
-This song makes John dance around the house like a big dork, so it's a winner in my book.

Boy Kill Boy- Suzie
-If you pull up next to me at a stop light and see me singing my little heart out and playing drums on the steering wheel, it's most likely this on the stereo.


Yeah, I know...it's a bit of a mish-mash, but them's my music tastes....

1 comment:

sandy said...

thanks for the recommendations. don't know some of them and look forward to checking them out.