Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Who do I have to blow to see some beefcake at the gym?

Ok...not literally.

I go to the gym for a good number of entirely pure and innocent reasons:

-I like to feel like I'm healthy, and like the idea of having a hobby that helps to promote said health.
-I like to feel as though I'm strong, and I actually need said strength for the more physical aspects of my job.
-I like to not be entirely sickened when I look at myself in the mirror naked.

And there's one I'll admit isn't quite as pure or innocent:

-I like to look at the really big beefy guys...for motivation to work harder...ok, and for the occasional masturbatory fantasy later. (I know I'm not the only one...right?)

But lately I'm finding a real lack of "motivation" at the gym. Ever since they opened the new LA Fitness on 1st, the number of big, hot beef monsters has dwindled significantly. Now, keep in mind that I don't need to have nice things to look at to be able to work out...but it does help from time to time!

So, tonight, I headed over to the Gold's Gym on Oracle, thinking there would be at least a little more to look at than Bally's. Since my gym seems to be populated by octogenarians and housewives, I figured how could there NOT be better eye candy?

Boy was I wrong. Not only was it not better...it was actually a little worse. So I guess it's down to relying on BMB for my motivation...and that other stuff.

*Sigh*

So my question is this...am I just being a perv with nothing better to do, or do those of you who work out sometimes find yourself doing something extra (going at a specific time of day, going to a different location, going to a different gym) to see nice things around when you're working out?

Or should I just quit bitching and concentrate on my workouts?

4 comments:

This Boy Elroy said...

When we feel like seeing eye candy Brad and I choose to go to a certain gym. On days where we just want to work out and not be bothered with any distractions we choose a different location. You're not alone.

Frank said...

Whew! I was starting to feel like maybe I was the only voyeuristic freak out there!

I will say that one of the few Bally locations where I recall seeing eye candy (that were also really flirty!) on a regular basis was the one in "Turtle Creek" (AKA somewhere in Dallas)

Rich said...

my morning gym average age is 147.
My afternoon gym is usually hot but totally straight.
I miss San Francisco, where its all hot, all gay, all day.

Jimbo3DC said...

I think it's good to have some inspiration around you. Plus, sometimes you learn a new trick or two. DC does not have a lot of beef, but a lot of toning-mad people. But still, I could not keep my eyes off of core-body-workout man and his gymnic ball and wobble board exercises. _swoon_.