Sunday, September 16, 2007

The name is actually French for "Big Titties"!

Doing my best to show off my own "grand teton".

No, not my name...the name of the national park from which John and I just returned. The "Grand Tetons"! And to make the sexual reference all that much more over the top...it was named that by fur trappers who were there looking for (what else?) beaver.

Us'ns acting like we're all outdoorsy and stuff.

Pocahontas raccoon! Who knew tacky taxidermy could make two grown men laugh so hard?

Despite those two unfortunate associations, John and I had a good time there. We visited with my parents...who go there every summer RV-ing and work in the park visitors center. We went white-water rafting...and both got wetter than a teenaged girl at a Justin Timberlake concert. We went hiking among the almost vanished glacier tipped peaks. And we saw the cute (but uber-expensive) town of Jackson Hole...just to throw in another dirty name for good measure.
When bears attack...their own!

My parents and a female ranger named...Larry...not kidding.

2 comments:

Moby said...

The pics are great. Looks like you guys had a good time.

patrick said...

That trip looks amazing! I like your tetons!