Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Holy cookfest, batman!

In the interest of trying to save money and eat just a little healthier, I've been trying lately to get into the habit of making meals for the week. It's really quite handy to be able to just pop something in the microwave and grub it down instead of either heading out to score some greasy, over-salted take-out, or (god forbid) actually making something.

The other thing that's really good about it is that it helps keep me on track in terms of my caloric intake. Those of you that know me, know that I do a slight bit o tossing of the iron at the gym (when I'm not tossing overweight luggage at work). All that tossing (yes there's a joke there somewhere, but I'll let you make your own) tends to mean that if I want to be a growin boy, I needs to eat...alot.

So, last night I made lots of chicken. Chicken stir-fry, Parmesan chicken, roasted chicken, etc. All of which means I'll be seriously craving some beef about mid-way through the week (heh...I'll let you make your own joke there too).

My only dislike about all this? I'm a messy cook. When I make that many meals, the kitchen usually looks like an F5 food tornado hit it...hard. Which means the cleanup takes 3 times as long as the cooking. *sigh* Anyone wanna volunteer to clean up for me next time? Theres a piece of Parmesan chicken in it for you. :)

3 comments:

clickboo said...

I'll work for chicken or beef... :)

Adam said...

Actually, I like to clean up better than cooking lol! You should check out gyminee.com for tracking your nutrition. I love it!

Homer said...

I'll make you a cake.