Saturday, April 7, 2007

Random Beef #3 (Big, sweaty, liftin mens edition)





















I'm pretty sure I'm not the only homo in the world who likes watching The World's Strongest Man competitions...with a box of tissues nearby. (I'm kidding...mostly.) They'll occasionally show these sweat, grunt, and flex-fests on ESPN 2, (you know, when they take time out from their busy poker, bowling, and professional eating contest lineup to show something that actually takes a little bit of *gasp!* athleticism).

Needless to say, there is never a shortage of beefcake in any of the aforementioned contests. This episode's Random Beef is no exception. Don Pope, from what I could find out, has only been in a few WSMs, and hasn't ever won. But with a big, woofy smile like that, who cares?

2 comments:

CSCFON said...

You are definitely not the only homo that watches the WSM. I have been watching it since the end of the Magnus ver Magnusson era. I know statistics and facts about that sport like a ten-year over-protective of his baseball cards. I was watching it with my mom one night a few years ago (she just joined me in the living room as i was watching it). "Do you watch this because you're attracted to guys like that?" "Not really. I like the sport actually." And without missing a beat she shot back, "Good. Because they'd break you in half."
(btw, I found you by way of Homer's website)

Frank said...

LOL...your mom's probably right, but I'm sure it'd be fun before your sternum got snapped by one of them simply laying on you. I have to admit that I DO totally watch it because I'm attracted to the guys that compete. Well, some of them anyway. Some just look like steroid gargoyles.